Rehabilitation Coordinator - ADMITT/COMM
80 Hours per Pay
80 Hours per Pay
- 1-2 yrs experience preferred
- 1-2 yrs experience preferred
- Position Summary
- The Rehabilitation Services Coordinator is responsible for reception, clerical and other duties within the Rehabilitation Department. The Rehabilitation Services Coordinator works closely with the Rehabilitation Services therapists, Respiratory therapists and Cardiology Department to ensure proper patient handling. The Rehabilitation Services Coordinator may be the first point of contact with Weeks Medical Center and is therefore responsible for providing exceptional customer service to patients, family members, visitors, physicians and all other medical professionals.
- High School Graduate.
- Post high school secretarial courses preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited medical secretarial program preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Basic computer skills (e.g., Word) required.
- Must possess good communication skills.
- Must exhibit caring and compassionate attitude toward patients and their families.
- Ability to handle confidential material with maturity, sensitivity and discretion.
- Essential Functions of the Job
- Required skills and competencies. Has competency checklist been completed with all competencies met (i.e. job skills / knowledge, equipment knowledge)?
- Demonstrates current clerical competence and excellence in clerical practice.
- Coordinates incoming and outgoing telephone communications related to Rehabilitation Services in a timely, professional, courteous and helpful manner.
- Receives orders from providers. Checks medical necessity. Schedules patient and updates referral information in eCW and sends order to Referral Desk. Tracks visits, no shows and cancellations and updates as necessary.
- Schedules patients in Paragon Resource Scheduling or eClinical Works following established policies and procedures.
- Verifies and obtains patient's payer benefits and eligibility and obtains authorizations for therapy visits for patients with payers that demand such procedures. Documents authorization number, duration and number of visits authorized in the patient record. Exceeds: Annual denials in the amount of $16K or less. Meets: Between $16K and and $18K. Needs Improvement: Greater than $18K
- Registers patients in Paragon Registration and/or Centricity in an accurate and timely manner. Creates a new visit ID number every 4 months for recurring therapy patients. Responsible for changing visits from pre-reg to admit status in Paragon Registration and updating the MSP Questionnaire.
- Verifies accuracy of patient demographic and insurance information, maintains and updates patient information in the appropriate computer system (Paragon and/or Centricity), initiates necessary paperwork to ensure that approvals and authorizations are obtained, obtains signatures for treatment and/or billing. Monitors AhiQA software throughout shift and corrects or disputes errors in a timely manner. Exceeds: Accuracy rate in AhiQA greater than 99.0%. Meets: Accuracy rate in AhiQA between 97.0% and 98.99%. Needs improvement: Accuracy rate in AhiQA below 97%.
- Checks in scheduled patients for Rehabilitation Services, Respiratory, Cardiology and Vascular Services following established policies and procedures.
- Completes final discharge of recurring patient registrations in Paragon once therapy has been completed.
- Accurately and completely posts charges to patient accounts and performs charge corrections as needed.
- Able to receive cash, check and credit card payments, entering payments into the appropriate cash batch in Paragon Patient Management and printing a receipt.
- Accurately maintains cash box balance, cashing out daily. Cash, check and credit card amounts submitted to billing must each equal the amount in the batch posted. Money sent to the bank must match these totals. Exceeds: Less than 3 errors per year, Meets: 3-5 errors per year, Needs Improvement: 6 or more errors per year.
- Collaborates with the Rehabilitation Services Department to develop new programs and work on specific projects as needed.
- Assists in orientation of volunteers, students and new employees.
- Attends Patient Access department meetings as designated by the Patient Access Manager.
- Attends Rehabilitation Services department meetings as designated by the Rehabilitation Services Manager. Takes meeting minutes, transcribes minutes with a high degree of accuracy and ensures distribution of minutes to meeting participants. Minutes must be completed and forwarded to the Rehabilitation Services Manager for signature within 7 business days of the meeting. The Rehabilitation Services Manager will maintain an average completion time for each fiscal year. Exceeds: Annual average of less than 6 days. Meets: Annual average of 6 to 8 days. Needs improvement: Annual average greater than 8 days.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.