Physician Office Float - ADMITT/COMM
Physician Office Float
80 Hours per Pay
80 Hours per Pay
- 1-2 yrs experience preferred
- 1-2 yrs experience preferred
- Position Summary
- The Physician Office Float will function as a resource for all the Physician Offices of Weeks Medical Center. He/She will provide effective performance of duties during the absence of the normally scheduled clinical and non-clinical staff and is responsible for covering various positions/functions. Courtesy and professionalism are a must in this position as this position often may be the patient's first contact with Weeks Medical Center.
Front Desk Receptionist Functions: Responsible for the day to day processing of all patients as they enter the office. Is responsible for verifying demographic information, obtaining the patient's signature as authorization for consent to treat, scheduling follow-up appointments, deleting appointments for no-shows and cancellations, collecting patient co-pays and payments, and distributing medical history forms and patient satisfaction surveys. Helps ensure proper patient handling by following established protocols and procedures and will be assigned a regular workday schedule.
Central Switchboard Functions: Responsible for handling all physicians' office phone calls coming into the facility and ensures that calls are forwarded appropriately. Is also responsible for processing documents within various comports along with processing the referral clinic documents.
Central Scheduling Functions: Responsible for scheduling patients at all locations, including specialty clinics in accordance with visit rules and existing guidelines.
Special Project Functions: Responsible to manage special projects as assigned.
Clinical Functions: May be assigned clinical responsibilities that fall within their Scope of Practice.
- High school diploma or equivalent with special interest in business or health related fields.
- Must hold a New Hampshire LNA license or medical credentials deemed appropriate based on needs of the position and willingness to receive appropriate training.
- Basic office skills including PC, typing/keyboarding and phone experience.
- Familiarity with the health care environment and medical terminology is an asset.
- Prior clerical experience desired.
- Must have excellent people skills.
- Must be able to adapt quickly to schedule modifications.
- Must be capable of dealing with various work environments, cultures, staff and providers.
- Must become proficient at essential duties of each medical clinic.
- Essential Functions of the Job
- Required skills and competencies. Has competency checklist been completed with all competencies met (i.e. job skills / knowledge, equipment knowledge)?
- Demonstrates current clinical/clerical competence and excellence.
- Greets patients as they enter the facility and directs them to specific areas as necessary. Checks in scheduled and emergency patients.
- Verifies accuracy of patient demographic and insurance information; obtains necessary signatures for treatment and/or billing; maintains and updates patient information in the computer system. Is able to scan insurance cards and other documents into Horizon Patient Folder (HPF) via Imaging Link Engine (ILE). 80% accuracy rate
- Verifies patient's PCP any time there is contact with the patient (i.e. phone conversation, chieck-in) and updates PCP information in both systems, eClinical Works (eCW) and Paragon. 100% accuracy rate
- Verifies insurance eligibility and coverage and initiates necessary paperwork to ensure that approvals and authorizations are obtained. 80% accuracy rate
- Responsible for changing visits from pre-reg to admit status and updating the MSP Questionnaire.
- Handles all telephone communications in a timely, professional, courteous and helpful manner.
- Able to receive cash, check and credit card payments from patients, entering payments into the appropriate cash batch and printing a receipt. Collects co-payments on date of service.
- Accurately maintains cash box balance, cashing out daily. Cash, check and credit card amounts submitted to billing must each equal the amount in the batch posted. Money sent to the bank must match these totals. Exceeds: Less than 3 errors per year, Meets: 3-5 errors per year, Needs Improvement: 6 or more errors per year
- Updates visit status in eCW. Cancels registrations for no-shows, cancellations and re-scheduled patients.
- Schedules appointments following individual providers' guidelines, referring calls through telephone encounter in EMR system to nursing staff or providers as necessary, including appointments for urgent/emergent patients to be seen same day.
- Prepares cart for the next day.
- Distributes patient satisfaction survey questionnaire.
- Registers same day add-on patients. 80% accuracy rate
- Is able to fulfill medical record duties i.e., scanning documents into EMR system in eCW and HPF, pulling charts.
- Secures the building at the end of the day - Verifies that all windows are closed, all exterior doors are secured.
- Is able to accurately process documents within various comports.
- Being present and prepared to begin work at assigned time each day is essential to this position.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Non-Clinical Team Leader and Medical Practice Manager.
- Manage special projects as assigned with accuracy and efficiency.
- Performs clinical duties as assigned with accuracy and efficiency.