Cook - DIETARY
80 Hours per Pay
80 Hours per Pay
- Position Summary
- To prepare all functions and set-ups with aide of the Chef on duty and to assist Chef with preparation of food for staff and patients. To handle, prepare and serve regular and modified diets to patients of all ages and hospital personnel.
- High School Graduate or equivalent GED with special training in dietetics and food service.
- Knowledgeable regarding kitchen operation, Dietary personnel job procedures, and departmental policies and procedures.
- Must know how to read Dietary Manual and how to fill out special diets under supervision of Registered Dietitian or Dietary Services Manager.
- English speaking and writing skills preferred.
- Essential Functions of the Job
- Required skills and competencies. Has competency checklist been completed with all competencies met (i.e. job skills / knowledge, equipment knowledge)?
- Prepares necessary foods for various functions.
- Prepares salads, sandwich meats, salad bar, desserts, etc.
- Prepares food items for cooking
- Prepares food according to standard recipes.
- Plans cooking schedule so that meals are ready to be served on time.
- Is responsible for the smooth operation of the afternoon Dietary shift, and must coordinate activities so that the work performed by Dietary personnel is of the highest quality.
- Reviews all functions on clipboard for staff to set up.
- Prepares servings according to portion control covering all food items and labeling all special foods with date according to code chart.
- Prepares dinner items according to tally sheets and according to department procedures.
- Maintains high standards of sanitation in compliance with Sanitary Food Code of New Hampshire.
- Cleans own work area.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Manages time effectively to ensure that deadlines are met and that personal priorities support organizational objectives.