Behavioral Health Case Manager - ADMINISTRATION II
Behavioral Health Case Manager
80 Hours per Pay
80 Hours per Pay
- Position Summary
- This position is responsible for managing an assigned caseload of clients, both adults and children, having a diagnosed mental health disorder/substance use and for assessing client needs, developing, implementing and reviewing service plans, and working with other community resources in meeting/achieving client service needs. This position serves as the Behavioral Health Team's Coordinator, serving as the face of the department.
- Degree in Mental Health Case Management or human services field with experience in case management.
- Working knowledge of the nature of serious mental illness and related treatment modalities, interventions and techniques; of different types of assessments and their uses in treatment planning of consumers' rights; of local community resources and service delivery systems such as housing, social, welfare, special education regulations, etc; of client record documentation requirements; and of client services plan development and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to interview and assess clients, using appropriate assessment tools, and observe, record, and report on an individual's functioning; to read and understand assessments, evaluations, observation, and use in developing treatment plan; to identify community resources and services for clients and coordinate provision of services; to establish effective working relationships with internal agency staff as well as with relevant community organizations; interact positively with consumers and their families, work as a team member.
- Essential Functions of the Job
- Participates as directed in the screening of new service requests within the clinic/hospital according to Weeks Medical Center's existing policies and procedures, which ensures that all individuals are adequately and appropriately served according to their individual needs. Identifies patients that may have fallen through the cracks and strives to identify the cause of such instances and finds solutions to prevent such occurrences.
- In conjunction with Medical Practice Manager sets agenda and facilitates in regular interdisciplinary staff meetings.
- Accepts newly assigned cases in which the diagnostic intake has been completed by a licensed provider. Completes case management assessment on all clients entering caseload.
- Develops appropriate treatment/service plans with clients as the means for implementing appropriate services and developing effective alliances with clients.
- She/he manages the intake of appointments and provides on-going supportive and/or case management functions in accordance with the problems, needs, and the strategies identified within the service plan in order to help the clients to achieve the stated goals and objectives.
- Provides face to face reviews with the client and/or relevant staff on a regular basis in regards to the progress made in reaching service goals so that the service plan can be modified as necessary to ensure that the goals and objectives are being achieved. The frequency reviews will be determined by relevant requirements.
- Documents all service contacts on a timely basis including face-to-face interviews, collateral and networking contacts, correspondence and maintains the case records in accordance with agency and regulatory standards and requirements.
- Participates in inter-agency planning and service coordination activities as directed to improve and enhance service continuity and effectiveness for clients to include but not be inclusive of referrals to inter-agency programs if staff meets requirements.
- Meets regularly with the behavioral health team members as a means of enhancing professional growth, reviewing and processing the provision of case management services, and dealing with appropriate administrative issues.
- Maintains close communication with the consulting provider and behavioral health team for input regarding medication compliance, side effects of medication, medication changes, and alerts members of the staff of any changes in client adjustment which might suggest decompensation and a need for more aggressive intervention. Provides support to the ED and inpatient unit around behavioral health patients as well as triaging crises clients that emerge during Primary Care Provider appointments.
- She/he communicates with patients by phone and in person. She/he is responsible for the triage of patient appointments, including visits done as Tele-Health. Provides oversight of EAP client needs, management of behavioral health wait lists, management of behavioral health patient's cancellation and no show patterns and follow up. She/he provides oversight of patient's insurance needs including referral management.
- Attend monthly internal and external meetings as directed by the Director of Physician Services.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor which are consistent with the position and in compliance with agency policies and procedures.