Accounting Services Administrative Assistant - GENERAL ACCOUNTING
80 Hours per Pay
- Associates Degree Preferred
- 1-2 yrs experience required
- Position Summary
The Accounting Services Administrative Assistant is a key member of the Weeks and Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital Fiscal Services' Team. S/he is responsible for assisting General Accounting with many of the day to day functions needed for Accounts Payable and Revenue Cycle. S/he will be responsible for assisting the Staff Accountant/Financial Analysts with reconciliations, statistical data accumulation and monthly report generation. S/he must have some experience working in an office environment, strong problem solving skills and the ability to work independently while also recognizing the importance of teamwork. Must be comfortable using Microsoft Excel. The preferred candidate will have some knowledge of basic bookkeeping principles and a desire to grow. This position will be subject to change as new financial systems and processes are brought on board. The ideal candidate will be someone who can embrace those changes and grow in responsibilities as experience is gained.
- High School diploma
- 2 to 3 years previous general office experience
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office, especially Windows, Word. Must be proficient with Excel.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- English speaking and writing skills required/preferred.
- Essential Functions of the Job
- Assist Accounts Payable with invoice processing.Will include, at a minimum, the following:
- Matching invoices with Purchase Orders & Packing slips in preparation of entering into the system by Accounts Payable Clerk
- Matching paid invoices to checks for mailing
- Filing of Accounts Payable check copies
- Annual Fiscal Year file transition to storage
- Assist with annual review of vendors with Office of the Inspector General (OIG) Sanction list
- Daily Cash Reconciliation and preparation of Biller Direct Deposit File
- Miscellaneous Receipt posting and coding - as needed
- ACH Processing as needed
- Assist with Quarterly Time Studies for Providers and Other Areas for Cost Report purposes
- Prepare monthly reports for Managers, Revenue Cycle team
- Be available to run month end reports from system on first day of the month, as part of the Accounting rotation
- Monthly accumulation of statistical information for Financial and Cost Reporting
- Maintenance of Excel Spreadsheets where needed
- Medicare Bad Debt logging for Cost Report
- Accumulation of data for Vantage Productivity, Quorum reporting and NH Hospital Association Data Bank
- Annual rollover of Budget Dashboards, Dietary Tracking sheets, Budget workbooks and other reports, as needed
- Assist with monthly reconciliation of accounts
- Assist General Accounting with all other duties, as needed